Saturday, November 5, 2011

WELCOME TO THE WINTER/CHRISTMAS BLOG HOP

CLICK HERE to win the Cindy Loo cartridge!

Welcome to the Winter/Christmas Themed Blog Hop celebrating our favorite time of the year. This Blog Hop is hosted by the very talented Paulette, from Around the Bock with Scrapalette. You should have arrived here from the very talented Lisa's blog at Addicted to the Cricut. If you've come upon our hop in the middle please make sure you start at the beginning of the hop at  http://scrapalette.blogspot.com/. We have very talented ladies in our hop today so make sure you check them all out. 

My project today is a home decor wall hanging. 
I love vintage papers and they fit very well in my old Victorian home. They also go well with the old pictures I used of my husbands family at Christmas when he was young. 

 I used Cosmo Cricket Bare Naked Lacing cards and covered them with Cosmo Cricket's Be Good paper line. I ran all papers thru my Xyron to get complete coverage of the adhesive. I don't like the edges working up over time and with all of my Xyron adhesives, they have complete coverage.
I also used Cosmo Crickets Bare Naked Ornaments made of chipboard. They are so easy to cover with precut paper ornaments that I ran thru the Xyron and adhered to the chipboard ornaments.


 I like things pretty simple so I kept the design very simple. I inked the edges of all the pieces with ColorBox Dunes chalk ink. I used pearl gems to highlight the candy cane, star and ornament. I used gold Crinkle Ribbon, which I LOVE, on the top picture to go thru the "Joy" metal slide. In the picture it's hard to tell but I used a soft green to tie a knot in the star and gold Crinkle ribbon for the ornament. The soft green was also used to tie the chipboard cards together and I left extra on the top as a loop to hang it from.
 I love giving away blog candy so here's a few treats. A Christmas 8x8 paper pack  and a matching cardstock paper pack. Red and clear rhinestones and a sweet little Happy Holidays stamp set and red twine. All you have to do is become a follower and leave a comment on this post. Please leave a way for me to contact you. I will pick a winner Monday, Nov. 7.  Also make sure you go to the top of this post and leave a comment on the Cindy Loo cartridge give away. 

 Make sure you go to Nancy's blog next at http://lanancyworkshop.blogspot.com/

Here is the complete blog hop list so you can visit everyone and see all the wonderful projects. 


Happy Scrapping

    Dana

40 comments:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Such wonderful wall hangings! Great job! and Christmas music, too!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Cathy said...

Your wall hanging is amazing, I just love it. thanks for sharing. Love the music too:)
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the inspiration! Hopefully, I'll be able to try this some time soon!

Nancy Sanders
http://lanancyworkshop.blogspot.com/

The Bug said...

What a great vintage project! I love the look of vintage but never seem to be able to make anything vintage myself. So I will just admire yours.
Hugs, Wini
wini@looneybugdesigns.com

Emerald said...

Thank you for allowing us a peek into your families holiday moments. Sure takes me back to my "vintage" memories.
And thank you for the music and "candy", get's me right into the spirit!
Here's to many more memories for you and yours,


cherilynne5@yahoo.com

Brenda said...

Beautiful wall hanging Dana! Love the vintage paper you used. I'm already a follower.

http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/
HappyScrapper64@bex.net

Tammy said...

New Follower and glad of it. :) LOVE, LOVE,LOVE your project. Gives me inspiration to try more of this type project. Im usally a scrapbooker but trying to branch out.

Kris Dietz said...

What a beautiful wall hanging. I love the pretty papers you used and the designs. Simple but elegant! TFS.

Kris
dietzrobles at yahoo dot com

Lilygirl said...

Absolutly Beautiful!! Great way to show off family photos!! TFS!! laysig@telus.net

cdm317 said...

The wall hanging is gorgoues! I really love the vintage feel, and the pictures are super!
Colleen (gonescrappin' CC)
cdm
3 17 at
yahoo
d ot
com

Vickie said...

Love the vintage look of your wall hanging.

vickie'sscrappings.blogspot.com

Lisa B said...

Love the Christmas music - what a great touch! The vintage feel of the papers are perfect for the photos - your project is fabulous!

l_pirelli@yahoo.com

Cindy said...

Cute home decor project! Love that you used older photos with the vintage papers and embellishments.

Liz said...

I love Vintage and the wall hanging is amazing!

dknox614 said...

Newbe here! Love your wall hanger! Its such a nice idea for a gift!
dknox614@hotmail.com

Lisa said...

Love the wall decor!!! If i don't run out of time i have added it to my list of things i want to make!!! TFS

Lisa G
http://lisa-scrappingspot.blogspot.com/

stop by & check out my giveaway!

Maria said...

Beautiful love the colors........

mreyes2710@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Lovely wall hanging! TFS your creativity & for the chance @ the giveaway!! ChelleBee
kweenbee_612@yahoo.com

Leanne said...

Love the vintage papers in your project!

leannelundquist@yahoo.com

Brenda said...

Great idea. Love your wall hanging.

brz352@yahoo.com

craftaholic said...

Very nice wall hanging and you have inspired me to do a project for my Birthday blog hop in a couple weeks!! TFS!!! I am a follower!!

http://ibecircled.blogspot.com/2011/08/how-about-my-christmas-cards-i-have.html
ilovetonkinese2 at hotmail dot com
Rexann♥

Hope said...

Love the wall hanging - especially how it has that "vintage" feel to it! :-)

mbchoj said...

I love your wall hanging. What great memories.
mbchoj at aol dot com

Mrs. Green said...

This looks great!

michelegreen120 at gmail dot com
www.michelegreen.com

Debbie Goforth said...

I love the vintage look!

http://bugginattheseams.blogspot.com/

Crafty Teacher said...

I love the vintage look you did with the older photo's. Made me think Rockwell for whatever reason.:)

TFS a great idea!
:)Khrista
khristamcbride @ comcast.net

Mona said...

Love the vintage look. Thanks for sharing.

Mona
monaarmstrong@hotmail.com

scubascrapper brandi said...

Stunning Dana!! They really are fitting for the older pictures!! I have never made a fram, I should give it a shot.

bird said...

Very cute wall plaque. Thanks for sharing.

Newbie2crafting said...

Beautiful wall decor.

Dana
Danascraftycorner.blogspot.com

pattyk said...

Love your beautiful wall hanging. thanks millierose651@aol.com

Karen S. said...

What a great project! I love the vintage look!

karenskapin at yahoo dot com

Lady Fair said...

I think you picked the perfect papers for the old photos, very vintage. It's very sweet of you to do this for your husband.

Thanks for sharing the chance to win. lflinesatcomcastdotnet

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Oh, I love it! I love how you incorporated the pictures on this and the paper has a great vintage look to it. THank you so much!
Lisa
lisascreativeniche at gmail.com

RockinRenee said...

What a special frame! I love your selection of papers for the photos. It's been great hopping with you!

Chriss America Real said...

Hi, I wasn't blog hopping, I saw you on You Had Me At Craft and stopped by to comment. I guess I will hop! Thanks!

www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com
america57@comcast.net

Also, I am the guest designer at 3GirlJam tomorrow and I will be giving away some candy, stop by if you get a chance!

Lori Comeau said...

Love the vintage look of your project. Nice job.
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

Anne said...

What a fun way to decorate the house and show off your old photos.. thanks for sharing on You Had Me At Craft..

Tammy said...

These are all just lovely! Thanks for sharing them with us :)

ChatterScene.com said...

I love it!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...