Welcome to the Winter/Christmas Themed Blog Hop celebrating our favorite time of the year. This Blog Hop is hosted by the very talented Paulette, from Around the Bock with Scrapalette. You should have arrived here from the very talented Lisa's blog at Addicted to the Cricut. If you've come upon our hop in the middle please make sure you start at the beginning of the hop at http://scrapalette.blogspot.com/. We have very talented ladies in our hop today so make sure you check them all out.
My project today is a home decor wall hanging.
I love vintage papers and they fit very well in my old Victorian home. They also go well with the old pictures I used of my husbands family at Christmas when he was young.
I also used Cosmo Crickets Bare Naked Ornaments made of chipboard. They are so easy to cover with precut paper ornaments that I ran thru the Xyron and adhered to the chipboard ornaments.
I like things pretty simple so I kept the design very simple. I inked the edges of all the pieces with ColorBox Dunes chalk ink. I used pearl gems to highlight the candy cane, star and ornament. I used gold Crinkle Ribbon, which I LOVE, on the top picture to go thru the "Joy" metal slide. In the picture it's hard to tell but I used a soft green to tie a knot in the star and gold Crinkle ribbon for the ornament. The soft green was also used to tie the chipboard cards together and I left extra on the top as a loop to hang it from.
I love giving away blog candy so here's a few treats. A Christmas 8x8 paper pack and a matching cardstock paper pack. Red and clear rhinestones and a sweet little Happy Holidays stamp set and red twine. All you have to do is become a follower and leave a comment on this post. Please leave a way for me to contact you. I will pick a winner Monday, Nov. 7. Also make sure you go to the top of this post and leave a comment on the Cindy Loo cartridge give away.
Make sure you go to Nancy's blog next at http://lanancyworkshop.blogspot.com/
Here is the complete blog hop list so you can visit everyone and see all the wonderful projects.
1. Paulette at http://scrapalette.blogspot.com/
2. Debbie at http://bugginattheseams.blogspot.com/
3. Carolyn at http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com/
4. Brenda at http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/
5. Maria at http://stampcutcreate.blogspot.com/
6. Chris at http://scrappin-nanapuddin.blogspot.com/
7. Cindy at http://www.inlovewithpaper.blogspot.com/
8. Michele at http://www.michelegreen.com/
9. Lisa at http://addictedtothecricut.blogspot.com
10. Dana at http://papermemories4u.blogspot.com/
11. Nancy at http://lanancyworkshop.blogspot.com/
12. Madylyn at http://inspiredbycolor.blogspot.com/
13. Wini at http://www.looneybugdesigns.com/
14. Renee at http://icameisawicreated.blogspot.com/
15. Tammy at http://www.scrapcavecreations.com/
16. Debbie at http://debbieduddles.blogspot.com/
17. Kim at http://blingdazzler.com/
18. Brandi at http://scubascrapperbrandi.blogspot.com/
19. Sharon at http://designsbysharon.blogspot.com/
20. Liz at http://liz-lavendarandroses.blogspot.com/