Monday, January 9, 2012

Birthday layout

 There's a group of us on the Cricut Circle boards that are doing a "Use Your Stash Challenge". From Jan 2- March 31 we have agreed to use our stash and not buy anymore stuff. Now this is going to be a bit of a struggle. I have coupons for Archivers, Micheals, Hobby Lobby and Jo Anns! But I have so much stuff that I need to use up, I won't be running out of anything anytime soon. We are able to buy adhesive and Cricut cartridges of course.

This is a layout I put together last week. It's pretty old school since I'm using very old stickers and I decided to do some old school techniques to go with it. The paper is pink and white striped  with the mat being a bright green cardstock. I put the stickers on white cardstock and inked the edges with green ink. The pictures are all black and white, I then took one color picture and cut the presents and gift bag out. I used pop dots to attach the gift bag, but I kept the presents flat against the page. The Happy Birthday letters were cut using the Opposites Attract cartridge. I used the Opposites alphabet and the shadow feature.

This is one of those cartridges I didn't think I would buy but when I saw it on clearance at Menards my DH encouraged me to get it. I'm really glad I did. It has 6 fonts and I think I"m going to use it alot more than I thought.





Happy Scrapping
    Dana

1 comment:

Pink Cricut said...

What a sweet layout! I need to get busy on my layouts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...