Saturday, January 7, 2012

Chandelier Card

I don't think I've posted this card before. I've used it for several different occasions just by changing the sentiment. I first made it to send to ladies that have won blog candy on my blog. I've also used it for a thinking of you card. I think this year I'm going to use it for all the birthdays for the women in our families. Have to make sure I have enough of the cream and white paper.

I didn't realize I had a bit of a shadow on the card. I usually try to take pictures outside but I had to take this one at night. And I didn't want to take the time to get out my white board and the light. Sorry

The card base is black with the black and cream patterned paper and the soft pink Bazzill cardstock layered on top. I tied the cutest black and pink polka dotted ribbon around the layer before I adhered it to the base. I actually cut the ribbon to just go around the edges of the mat and adhere it to the back of the layer. I then cut a small section or ribbon to make the knot. It saves so much ribbon this way.  I can no longer find this super cute ribbon so if anyone comes across this ribbon some where please let me know. I've looked at Archivers, Micheals and Jo Anns and I've  looked at some online ribbon stores but haven't found it there either. I haven't made it to Hobby Lobby yet to look there. 

The chandelier is cut from the French Manor cartridge at 2 1/2". The tag is cut twice from the Mother's Day Seasonal cartridge at 2 3/4". I cut it once in pink for the main layer and then in black for the edge. It looks like its just layered here in this picture. But in person you can tell there is a thin black edge on top of the pink tag. 
I stamped the sentiment "Make Memories forever....scrap them" from My Pink Stamper.
I added bling to the chandelier because chandeliers need bling.

Happy Scrapping
    Dana

1 comment:

CREATIVE M said...

Gorgeous! Elegant! Love it!
http;//craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...