Monday, January 30, 2012

Christmas Layouts

Last Saturday I went to an all day crop and was able to catch up on some scrapbooking. I'm pretty behind, these layouts are from 2007. The stickers are pretty old too. On the Cricut Circle messageboard some of us have challenged ourselves to use up our stash, so thats where the old stickers come into play.



I like to use 4x6 photos as much as possible. These were cut down a bit but not much. I know they say to crop in close to your subject. But how many of us look back at old photo's at Great Grandmas and remember laying on the kitchen linoleum floor and coloring in the summer time? Seeing the design in the linoleum brings back old memories. I love seeing all the background things in old pictures. If we always crop our photos my kids may not remember that Mom always had 2 Nativities in the family room. Or in the 2nd layout, that we had Taft Christmas in Uncle Tom's heated garage. Yes, I think that might make us Red Necks but it's a very nice garage. LOL  And with the whole Taft clan it's the best space for all of us to be in one room. 

I'll have more Christmas layouts this week.

Happy Scrapping
    Dana

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Great layouts. I love that you don't crop your photos. I feel the same way. I want to see the background, memories of old houses and years gone by.

Vicki

Melissa said...

Great Layout! I really need to get on top of my scrapbooking too! Stopping by from the Pink Linkup! I'm your newest follower! Would love for you to come follow me!

Melissa
myscraphour.blogspot.com

JJewel said...

Nothing wrong with being redneck! Layouts are so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...