Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Drag racing layout

I love doing guy layouts. I know lots of people have a hard time with them but for me they go together so much easier. I guess since there aren't many guy layouts out there I don't feel the pressure to make it look a certain way. And for my guys the rougher the better. My husband and son both love to drag race in Eddyville at the Eddyville Drags. Tyler does more drag racing than Roger but they both have fun racing. I, on the other hand just get a few more grey hairs every time they race!

I tore the black cardstock for a rougher look on the layouts. I really like the metal embellishments that look like gears. And the grey Magic Mesh is always great for guy layouts. The wrench is a sticker. 

 

The yellow numbers are put on each cars windshield before they race. The picture below that are of the guys looking at the race times. They both raced the Camaro that we had when we first started dating. It does make a difference when you have an experienced racer (Tyler) and a new racer (Roger). Even when they are racing the exact same car.

 I used rub ons and a CTMH stamp that says "little moments" on the main focal picture. It was a great October day and when I look at Tyler standing there talking with his Dad, it reminds me of when Roger was his age. Oh yeah, we've been married that long. LOL 


 The day they were racing Roger kept asking why I was taking pictures of gas cans, the tires,  the count down lights and different areas of the race track. I knew I could use them for this layout.
Happy Scrapping
    Dana

4 comments:

Jan said...

Great layouts. I love the metal embellies too. I haven't used that magic mesh yet, but it looks pretty interesting, great texture to add to a layout.

Jan
http://thecraftymermaid.blogspot.com/

Scrappin Dhilly said...

Super cute layout pages. I love that they are "guy" pages, I am one of those that has a really hard time with the "guy" layouts. I automatically go to girly stuff. Thanks for the inspiration!

JJewel said...

Very nice layouts!! Great ideas!! And I just love rub ons.

Michele Green said...

The torn black is perfect! TFS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...