Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goals for 2012

I hope everyone's having a great beginning to 2012. DH had the day off yesterday so I took all the Christmas decorations down and he carried the boxes to the basement. It was such a big help. I used to be able to carry them all up and down the stairs with no problem. But over the last couple years my back just won't do it anymore. I'm not one to ask or accept help very well, but this has been a learning time for me. I have learned to graciously accept help when my back just won't let me go on. I've got a wonderful DH that is willing to help whenever I need him.

I don't make New Years resolutions  but I do set goals for myself. One of my goals is to scrapbook 2 layouts a week and always have a project laying out on my table so I can fiddle with it each time I go by. I find it very hard to take an hour and just craft. But if I have a project laying on my table every time I go by it to do laundry or put something away then I can crop photos, mat pictures or add adhesive. Before you know it I have a layout done. I used to scrapbook after DH went to bed and I stayed up til midnight. I just can't stay up til midnight anymore so I'll have to fit scrapbooking in where I can.

Another goal is to make time for personal devotions each day. I get my bible study done each week but I've really let my devotions slide. I'm going to start small and set aside 10 minutes each day to spend time with the Lord and I know He will bless that time.

My third goal is to walk 4-5 times a week. I would love to say I'm going to walk everyday but lets be honest. I like my warm chair and I'm not a big physical fitness nut. So we'll start slow and go from there. And it's winter in Iowa so a treadmill only holds so much interest.

I'm also going to TRY to give up pop. Hmmmmm, not sure how this one is going to go. I LOVE my Dt. Pepsi. I drink Diet Caffeine Free Pepsi. So really whats the point! I used to say it was about the caffeine but thats not it now. So I'm going to start slow and drink more water and slowly wean myself off pop. Wish me luck.  

My last goal is the one I'm most likely to let slide. Blog every other day. I'm a terrible blogger and when life gets busy it's the first thing to go. But if I can blog more than last year than I'm making progress. I'm going to try to have several blog posts saved ahead so that helps when life is busy. We'll see how it goes.

 
Happy Scrapping
    Dana

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love your blog and your goals! :) I am a new follower, would love for you to stop by my blog sometime too! :)
Amy
redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...