Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

Hope everyone had a safe and happy new years eve. We stayed home safe and warm in our jammies. My dad had a heart attack in 2003 on new years eve so since then we stay home were we are close, just in case. With our kids being adults and out and about on new years eve we just like to stay home in case someone needs anything.
I did get a little crafting done the day after Christmas. I've had this box for a year and I knew what I wanted to do with it as soon as I got it, but I just hadn't taken the time. It was painted blue and cream and had light houses painted all over it. So I took it to the garage and painted the oval box white and the lid a flat black.

 I had bought this scrapbook paper specifically for this project. It would have been easier with wrapping paper but I couldn't find wrapping paper around here that I liked so I bought 4 sheets of 12x12 paper. I only needed 3 but there's nothing worse than starting a project and running out of paper. I cut the paper to size before I attached it to the box. I used spray adhesive and the paper stuck to it really well. Now it's ready to fill. Not sure what I'm putting in it but I'm sure it will get filled soon.


Happy Scrapping
    Dana

1 comment:

Lluvia Mata said...

Cool Box and cool blog :)
new follower from sweetbirdmemories.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...