Friday, January 20, 2012

Show Me Your Craft Room Blog Hop

 Welcome to the Show Me Your Craft Room Blog Hop.  Everyone has great craft rooms to share with you and some great organizational ideas. If you happened across this blog hop in the middle you can start by going to Lluvia's blog Sweet Bird Memories.   She has special blog candy for those that comment on every post. So make sure you start at her blog and follow along with us. 

This is one of my favorite parts of my scrap room. It's made up of 12 of the white cubes you can get at Micheals or JoAnns. There are 6 cubes on each side and my dear sweet husband mounted them on a platform that makes it the PERFECT height for my to stand and scrap. We also bought a large top that makes it the perfect place to spread everything out on. I love my white caddy that spins. It has so many cubbies for all the things you need right at hand. 

 The drawers hold all of my ribbon, stamps, ink pads, I think I have 3 drawers of border punches. There's a drawer of adhesives, paints, I love that everything has it's own drawer and things aren't mixed together.


This is the back side of my scrap island. I wanted this to be more open so I could have all my paper right at hand and my adhesive machines handy.

 You can see my wall of closets behind my island. Two closets hold all my holiday decorations and the other two closets have scrap supplies in them. You can never have to much storage. 

 This is my flower storage. I bought this at Micheals and have had it organized many different ways, but this is my favorite and most useful. Every flower I own is in this unit. It hangs right beside my scrap island.


This table doesn't go with my black, white and pink theme but I LOVE it and have had it for a very long time. It's an antique and I love that the sides flip up when you need them. I use it as my cutting table. I also have some stamps in the black and white Anna Griffin binders. I wish I could get more of the binders but HSN has stopped selling them and I can't find them anywhere. My bulletin board is full. I took a large frame and added large molding and painted it black. It fits the room great. 


This old dry sink holds snacks in one side of the top doors and smaller projects I need to work on. The bottom is full of idea books and the drawers hold envelopes for cards I make and memorabilia that needs to be added to scrapbook pages. 


I store all my twine in these old fashioned sugar jars. The spools fit in there perfectly and you just thread the twine thru the top and it unrolls great. All this great twine is from Pink By Design, I was the lucky winner of all of this great twine.

My Cricut table is an old wood door I found on the curb, I added spindle legs and painted it all black. I really do use both of my Cricuts and I realize after seeing this picture I might have a slight addiction to Cricut cartridges. I don't like the shelves under my table but it's a quick solution for a short time until I figure out another way to store them. On this table I have my Sizzix embossing machine that looks like a  purse. LOVE it. I have my large Sizzix machine, the Design Runner I don't use as much any more and of course my Gypsy that I use all the time. You can also see the ribbon press that I thought I had to have and rarely use. We all have tools like don't we!


I love these iron baskets for my Seasonal cartridges. I put cardboard in the bottom so the cartridges wouldn't slip thru the bottom. They fit great 2 wide and there's plenty of room to add more in both baskets.


 I store my fibers in this black cupboard. Love the cubbies and easy access.
This is also a favorite. Love the tower of cubes that hold so much stuff. Brads, eyelets, letters, bling, acrylic, tags, everything has it's own drawer. And everything is labeled. I think my label maker is my favorite tool! The old camera's on top are from both of our families. The teeny tiny camera is real and actually took pictures. It was from my Dad's Sr. class trip when he was in high school.

 This is how I store my scrap paper. It makes it quick and easy to grab a drawer and take it to my scrap island.
This cupboard holds all of my embossing folders, old Sizzix dies and the notebooks on the top shelf hold cutting guides for the Cricut.

This is my beverage corner. It's tucked under the stairs. I have a mini frig. with Dt. Pepsi and Starbucks frappuccinos. The mini coffee pot is great for heating water for cappuccinos or tea.

Heres a bigger view of my room. As you can see the ceiling is low because it's in the basement. But it's a long room with plenty of room for everything. I need to recover my rocker but that's not happening anytime soon. It takes away from scrap time.

 Of course any great blog hop needs some blog candy. All you have to do is become a follower and leave a comment. This is open to US residents only. I will draw the winner Jan. 25. You will have until Jan 31 to contact me.



Well, this post was more picture heavy than I expected. There are so many great rooms in this hop. Make sure you hop to Amy Jo's blog  for more great ideas. I hope you enjoy looking at each of them. Here is the complete line up if you happen to miss anyone.


Lluvia- http://sweetbirdmemories.blogspot.com/ START HERE














60 comments:

Mindy Adams said...

OMG I absolutely LOVE your storage units. The vintage items are AWESOME. Thanks for sharing your wonderful space.

Mindy
The Determined Scrapper
http://thedeterminedscrapper.blogspot.com
madams513@gmail.com

Imogene said...

Love the cubes storage!!!
great room!!
am a new follower!!
imogenelynn@wmconnect.com
sweetlilcricut.blogspot.com

Brenda Frerichs said...

I really like the clean and organized look of your room. It's the kind of place that is warm and inviting--a place where a girl can really let her creative juices flow. The "island" you made out of those white cubes is fantastic! Thank you for taking the time to post all the pictures. :-)

Doris P. said...

I can't get over the idea of the sugar containers to hold the twine! love it!! you should share this with them. LOVE your room!! new follower. If you get e-mail let me know! LOVE the big desk!! parkernana4@aol.com
http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

Barbara B said...

Fabulous room! I love your table. Bubble gum machine is so cute! And absolutely adore the tea set!

Bunnyfreak said...

Love how organized your room is.

Jamie said...

great craftroom!! what do you have in the bubble gum machine? thanks for sharing Im a new follower.
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Ro Donner said...

Love your craft space! Full of whimsy! TFS!

pam said...

love that antique table hey they say 1 odd piece of furniture makes the room pop!
put away right away
mygypsierose@sbcglobal.net

The Crafty Dream said...

WOW!! I love the colors on your craft room, all the decorations and storage!! Thank you

I am your follower, please follow me www.thecraftydream.blogspot.com

Gaby B

Jens Craft Corner said...

Your craft room is awesome! Thank you for sharing it with everyone today. Love the blog candy you have today! I am a new follower.

Chrys said...

Great room. TFS!

MzLavr2 said...

What a great room! Thanks! and love your blog candy!

momkerchie said...

Love your table made out of a door. Great idea

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow, what a space! I'm jealous! I love the way you store your twine! So cute! Thanks so much!
Lisa

erinB said...

Love that twine storage!!!
New follower. My favorite tip? Put things away when you're done with them. No sense in needing to clean before you start the next time!
erinrbullock at hotmail dot com

Linda Dale said...

Love our space, Love, love your big work space, it must be a dream to work on something that large. Love the way you store your twine and all the nice pretty touches through out your room. I am a new follower. Thanks, Blessing, Linda

Lluvia Mata said...

i love your space! you have so many great ideas i love the old antique table that flips down, the cubies and my favorite the cupboard! Just fabulous! Thank you for participating in my hop :)

Missy said...

Your craft room looks amazing, and yes, I agree that your desk is too incredible to not use in there!!

ScrapMyWay said...

Dana, you are amazing!! Your room is so well organized from the HUGE table/work area to the twine in the jars...how clever! I enjoyed the pictures and wish there were MORE!!!! I also think the beverage area is a neat idea and very charming! VERY cute that you don't have time to recover the chair...I agree, just throw on a slip cover!
My favorite organizing tip from my craft room is my use of the page protectors hanging on the rod. I now know I have lots of embellishments that I never knew I had!!! LOL
Thanks for sharing and inspiring, it's been great to have been able to share this hop with so many talented, organized crafters!
Now a new follower,
Creative Wishes,
Claire
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

Vicki said...

Where to start? Seriously, FOUR closets? How awesome! I fell in love with your table and then came the dry sink and the sugar jars~ You are so blessed with this room!

transport7800@aol.com
http://mawmawsthoughts.blogspot.com
follower

Pammejo said...

What a wonderful creative space, so many nooks and creative places and storage. Thanks for sharing. pammejo1@yahoo.com

A Creative Journey said...

I LOVE YOUR ROOM! Boy I wish I still had a basement! LOVE the space and how you have it laid out! My tip is to label but YOU already like to label so I guess my tip is to KEEP LABELING! LOL TFS! I am a new follower and would be honored if you would check out my blog and do the same at ACreativeJourneywithMelissa dot blogspot.com Have a GREAT weekend!

PurpleFuntastick Creations said...

Wow!! what a great craft room...and I love alot of your storage items and the space looks great and organized...love the sugar tins for you twine...I will definitely have that on my list when I get some. TFS
Became a follower. :)
Kari

marg0006 said...

I like your storage. I sure could use one like your cube strage and the ne where you keep your Sizzix folders. Can you tell me where to get them.
marg0006@verizon.net
Loving Scrapper 101

Anonymous said...

Such a small think. ;-) But such a great idea

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful scraproom....someday I just might beable to carve out a space in our basement. becoming a follower!


grannyemjay on the circle board

lighthouse said...

I really like your storage and the whole craft room, thanks for sharing. I noticed the tray with flowers behind your tea/break area. My mother had one like that...

lighthouse lover on the circle board

JulieK said...

I LOVE your craft space!! It is perfectly organized and just so beautiful! I adore your antique table!

roxanne d said...

I love how organized it all looks! I have several of the white storage cubes and love them! the vintage cameras are perfect addition to your craft room. Roxannek2262@aol.com

Letillia said...

Your room is so nice and clean! I am your newest follower I hope you can stop by my blog when you get a chance!

Letillia
divaof5.blogspot.com

Karen said...

OK---I'm jealous now! I'm a new follower! Like your baker's twine holders--how did you win that great prize? Thanks for sharing your crafty space!

L.B. said...

Such a great great room.

Rose said...

Yes I adore your mix of modern and vintage type items! I've always wanted an island too. Lovely, inspiring room. TFS
Californiarose

Sam Pirkle said...

I love your room and your idea organization is awesome. Nope don't pait that table it is beautiful just like it is. Thanks for sharing your space with us.

Rhonda Emery said...

so pretty thanks for sharing

Cindy Vernon said...

Lucky you! YOUR room rocks. I would love to have your space. I especially love the crafting island you created.

Gail said...

Thanks for the blog hop invitation. Nice craft room

kim.scrapper said...

Love your room, I store my twine in similar glass jars but I use the ones for grated cheese with all the holes and put loads in one bottle as I only have small amounts. I live in Canada so I am no eligible for your blog candy, Hugz, Kim (kim.scrapper@yahoo.ca)

Kimberli said...

Wow, your room is amazing - I love how organized and neat everything is! Thanks so much for sharing your room, I love seeing into others crafting areas!!

callyannc said...

So very pretty! I love all your tables and storage too! TFS CallyAnn

scrapblu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
scrapblu said...

I love how you've combined modern and antiques. Your room is lovely!

Organization is not my strong suit. But I do store my cartridges in those CD/DVD bookcases that you see.

xxsquigglesxx said...

Your scraproom is so cute! I love it! Thanks for sharing!

xxsquigglesxx(at)gmail(dot)com

Scrappin Dhilly said...

What an amazing scraproom, you have so much space. I love your color scheme! Your room makes me want to go shopping in it!

scrappindhilly at gmail dot com

Samantha J Designs (Wife2TJ) said...

Absolutely LOVE this scrapbook room!!! thanks so much for sharing it with us :-)

Caprice said...

You have such a beautiful scraproom. The dry sink storage is great, I have a friend that has one of these and she also uses it in her room and I think they are just so pretty in these settings. Love it! TFS!!

Karen Bahit said...

Oh my... I could come and live in your scrapbook room forever... You have done it in so much my style... ANTIQUES!!! Love Love Love it!!!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

http://www.facebook.com/karen.bahit?ref=tn_tnmn

Karen

Marty said...

Love your room Lots of great storage ideas It must be great to have such a large space to scrapbook room. I just became a follower

Creative Mine by Maria said...

I really really love your room... I love white and black and damask. You have such a clear and clean room looks marvelous! TFS
Creative Mine by Maria
garzon4fun(at)facebook(dot)com

Michele from MS said...

Ohh I love the idea of using sugar jars!!! Great organizational skills. New follower and I will be checking back in with you soon! msmith38652@gmail.com
http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/

Vicki said...

Love your room and how you have labeled all the storage. New follower. Thanks for the chance to win.

Vicki
vwilson577 at yahoo.com

Tambo said...

I love your room. The closet storage space looks great! I love your old table, i had one just like it 35 yrs ago, but had to leave it behind in a move from IL to WA. Broke my heart. I love your work table to. Great room! tfs Tami
Tambos Creations!

V said...

Love all your little cubbie drawers ..I have architect cabinets for all umm some of my wood stamp sets ..I love it. Thanks for sharing your room ...
Cheers ~ Scrappy Val

Kimberly Clarke said...

Wow talk about space!! Your blog is where I actually started and inspired me to continue with hopping along. Thank you for sharing! My tip is that I like to use photo boxes to sort various items.
Kim
Chris.kim33 at yahoo dot com

Haidee said...

i love your space! you have so many great ideas TFS!!! Great organizational skills.great being in the HOP with you!!!

JJewel said...

Very nice!! Love the room. Excellent storage.

Scrappin' Sista said...

Your room is FANTASTIC! I love how you've added all the little touches o make it such a great space. I wouldn't even guess that it was in the basement. Thanks for letting us invade your space.

Christel
http://onescrappinsista.blogspot.com

Cathie in UT said...

I love that you have incorporated vintage items to store your supplies. Bye the way what you call a dry sink is probably a kitchen cupboard or Hoosier Cupboard. I love them too and it is perfect for storing crafting items.

Cooperrugj said...

Yes I adore your mix of modern and vintage type items! I've always wanted an island too. Lovely, inspiring room. TFS Californiarose

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...