Friday, February 10, 2012

Smokey Mountain Vacation

 The summer of 2007 our family went to the Smokey Mountains for our vacation. We rented a cabin in Seiverville, TN. There was only one other house beyond ours at the top of the mountain. I had never been afraid of wild animals in the mountains before but we were so far up the mountain and so remote that we made sure all the lights were on if we went outside at night.


 We didn't really need a cabin this big but we enjoyed it. Erica took the top floor with the balcony, she had a bathroom and separate TV room on her level. Roger and I had the main level and Tyler had the bottom level that had the laundry room, bathroom, game room with a pool table and on his outside deck a hot tub. 

One night the kids decided they were going to cook supper. Tyler grilled steaks and we hadn't checked the grills gas level and of course we're 45 minutes to the nearest town and the grill ran out of gas. So Erica and Tyler finished the steaks on the grill and we had a great supper. It was so nice of them to cook. 

There wasn't enough room for all of the pictures I wanted to have in my layout so I used flip pages from Close to My Heart and added extra pictures and journaling. There are 2 separate flip pages on the left side. They really help when you need to add extras.

Happy Scrapping
    Dana

2 comments:

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Oh, my goodness! This is a vacation for long lasting memories! What a fabulous place to retreat for a relaxing vacation! You layout is wonderful!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Pink Cricut said...

I always run out of room for pictures too!! I am going to have to try those flip pages! :) Awesome layout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...