Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Display Tray

When I saw this Display Tray on Close To My Heart convention this summer I knew I would be doing a class with it. I just didn't know exactly how it would look or what paper line I would use. Thankfully a fellow CTMH consultant, Lisa Stenz did a fabulous job designing this display tray using the Avonlea paper pack. I did alter a few things to fit the ladies that come to my classes. Time is always at a premium so we didn't add the rosette that would take a bit of time. There were a few other things I changed to make it work for me. I don't have the pictures I'm using yet so I left the "Family" sticker on its clear backing until I add the picture than I'll remove the clear backing. You can see a bit of glare from the backing. The stickers are Avonlea Canvas Shapes which gives them a great textured look. You can click on the picture to get a close look at the great Slate Satin Polka Dot ribbon and the white Rosette Ribbon. Its gorgeous ribbon! I used it in the center of the bow at the top of the tray and I also lined the box at the bottom with the Rosette Ribbon.

The heart is teal cardstock and a heart cut from Burlap Ribbon and  a Clear Sparkle in the center.
As a true scrapbooker I already know how I want our pictures taken so they work with this frame.  I'll be adding a 4x6 picture of the four of us to the photo mat and 3 smaller pictures to the 3 diagonal boxes. The top box will be of our daughter, the middle box will be a picture of our son, and the bottom box will be one of my husband and I together. Now the hard part -  to get all of us together at the same time to get our pictures taken.

 
Jennie did hers as a gift and used Christmas paper from the Pear and Partridge line and the Dimensional Elements.. I love the papers and I'll be making one for our Christmas pictures. She changed hers a bit to fit her personality and style.


Nellie changed her boxes up a bit to fit where she'll be adding her pictures. She also wanted to go with more of a green theme than the teal color so I changed out her photo mat color and the color of her initial.

They did a great job and I can't wait to get started on my Christmas tray.

Happy Scrapping
   Dana

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...