Saturday, October 6, 2012

White Fall PUmpkin

I really don't do Halloween and I dislike most things about the holiday. I do like cute little trick or treaters. I love to decorate for fall, I usually start decorating in late Sept. and it will stay up until Thanksgiving. I've been going thru all of my holiday decorations this past year, as I put them up I go thru the ones I don't really love. I give the kids the option of taking the cast offs for their house and then they go in the garage sale box.

But I think this white pumpkin is going to be a favorite for a long time. This is a cheap $12 pumpkin from Target and more than a few dollars in rhinestone swirls. I've been picking them up for awhile when their on sale at Hobby Lobby and $1 ones at Micheals. By spreading the cost out over time I don't have to think about how much I've spent in rhinestones. But if truth be told I really don't think the total cost of everything I used would come even close to what it would be to buy this already decorated.



I had thought about doing this pumpkin in black rhinestone swirls but black doesn't go with my home decor. I have it in the office but I think it may end up on the fireplace mantle.  Yup, it's going on the mantle, just one of those small things that will make me smile everytime I see it.

See more wonderful fall before and afters at Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps On The Porch.
Happy Scrapping,
  Dana

4 comments:

Kigz said...

I missed this one!!! Oh my gosh, how many swirls did you use?? Looks amazing, Dana--great idea and execution!

Kelly @ JAX does design said...

I'm not big on Hallowe'en decorating either, but it's fun to get creative with pumpkins. There are so many fun ways you can dress them up, and I'm totally loving your blinged-up pumpkin! :-)

8)(8 said...

I love it! It is so pretty! And it is great that the pumpkin is re useable, since it was expensive.

I don't decorate for Halloween much either, but I make the food and costumes because I have a child.

DeeAnna said...

Sooo sparkly! Really cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...